1/2 Marathon

afteamroper

Dec 30, 2012
Well yesterday I did something I would have never thought I would ever do. I completed my first 1/2 marathon!! I ran it in 2hr1min and the biggest thing was I held the same pace throughout and never walked.

That's great. I have my first one June 1st and I'm just hoping to finish. I've lost 30 pounds getting ready for it and hopefully a few more before elk season.

Montana_BackCountry said:
good work!  i'm signing up for a cross country style 10k to try out the new muscle too.  feels good.

Is that the run the rut? I was thinking of signing up for that one as well. Just trying to schedule my archery back country hunt with buddies right now.

polishturkey said:
That's great. I have my first one June 1st and I'm just hoping to finish. I've lost 30 pounds getting ready for it and hopefully a few more before elk season.

Good luck how far is the furthest you have ran so far? I have also lost 45lbs traing for hunting season.

I did 12 miles yesterday and didn't do the greatest.  It was really hot and humid and I ran out of water with about 5 miles to go.  I think if I had more water I would have done fine.  I finished it but the last couple miles were really slow. 

You should do fine in the 1/2 if you ran a 12 miler already the furthest I had ran before my 1/2 was 7 miles. The best advice I recieved was don't pass up any water stations after the 2nd mile. I dont know if you have ever drank on the run out of a cup but it doesnt really work to well. What I found works the best is pinching the cup so it creates a "funnel" for the water.

Good luck

Clint

Here we just finished our first ever half marathon. Myself (tkruk) my oldest son Corey (polishturkey) and my youngest son Andrew. Probably one of the hardest things I have done. But had a great time and we are doing it for our colorado hunt.

Attachments

• deckers 2 (Small).JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 0

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back