2018 Other Big Game meat pole

DTP

Administrator
Jun 13, 2017
Please share your 2018 other big game kills in here.  :upthumb:

Good luck and have fun this season.

Not sure if hogs are considered 'Big Game' but this one was big enough for me.

Shot in Texas in February 2018

Nice way to bring home the bacon Brad. My son was down there in February too and he said it was a tough stalk. I?d say it qualifies.

My 2nd bird this spring. Just a jake but came in gobbling and strutting so I let him have it. Hard to pass up them turkey nuggets!

My son?s hog also from Texas. Was invited to go, but work got in the way. That won?t happen again.

Texas archery spot and stalk public land pig shot last Saturday.
dc819c03d1237184f8ad0e37acbbadbb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've hunted boar many years and killed them with my dad and dogs, but this is the first boar I finally connected with rifle.

DEEF said:
I've hunted boar many years and killed them with my dad and dogs, but this is the first boar I finally connected with rifle.

Well done Deef! Where in the heck is that? Definitely doesn't look like typical hog habitat...

Well done Deef! Where in the heck is that? Definitely doesn't look like typical hog habitat...
Thanks COhunter14! Harvested in Coalinga near the hernandez reservoir.  They were grazing by the river bottom this spring.

All these pig photos makes me want a pig roast.  Slightly drooling over here!
Come on over and eat Kdkehoe!

I was baiting for some friends coming from out of state and this bear shot up the tree the bait was under.  I left and came back multiple times only to be greeted with woofing and snapping teeth.  I thought about just carefully dumping it, but I hear bear drool has a high allergy rate.  So I thought my bow and a target are in the rig just because I needed to shoot broad heads to be ready after my buddies are done.  So I run back the rig, shoot two broad heads and they look good.  So I take off running back up only to be rudely snapped at again.  So I hooked up my camcorder to a clip shot and attached it to a nearby limb.  Had a quartering to shot and sent one right through its chest.  It looked around a couple seconds and headed up the tree (just for dramatic affect).  It stretched one leg out, then another and then tipped back and fell a long...long way down.

Army of Dad said:
Kdkehoe said:
All these pig photos makes me want a pig roast.  Slightly drooling over here!
They are really good eating
b578bb49983664c76d77459696e4df13.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well now I need to go heat up my lunch because that has me DROOLING!  :shock:

Ate and shared all the meat from my first boar in March.  Shot this on the same Coalinga ranch first week of June.  Freestanding double lung shot about 130 yards with my .270.  Weighed around 175lbs.  Tasty boar.  I'll be making some sausage with this one and eating the ribs. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back