2021 Elk Meat Pole

We did alright in our opening week. 2/3 and our 3rd guy had a few chances as well.

Attachments

• My Bull.jpg
    My Bull.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • Travis_Bull.jpg
    Travis_Bull.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
Thanks guys, this was my first bull with a bow, as well as my buddies 1st bull with a bow. Eventually I'll write up a hunt recap, but in short, this was the elk hunt I've dreamed of for years. Tons of bugling, lots of action and shot opportunities multiple times a day. Days 1/2 we didn't see much, but heard bugles. Days 3-7 we were on elk every day, almost all day, just incredible.

2021 is off to a great start, Central Colorado Bull from Monday. Heading to New Mexico next Tuesday.

Attachments

• 2021 CO Bull RS.jpg
    2021 CO Bull RS.jpg
    626.7 KB · Views: 11
Congrats.

Season started good for me with elk encounters every day but now the only tracks I am seeing are 4-wheelers. (which aren't supposed to be there)
I've exhausted my first 3 areas so now it's on to plan D. 2 days of work next week and then I can go back to wandering the woods.

New Mexico Bull from last Friday. 15 yard frontal. Someone had taken a shot at him the week before and centered that shoulder knuckle. Maybe that's the reason he was so pissed off that morning. 11 months to prepare for next year....

Attachments

• NM21RS.jpg
    NM21RS.jpg
    577 KB · Views: 8
  • nm21drs.jpg
    nm21drs.jpg
    530.6 KB · Views: 8
Elk Hunt 2021 turned into bear hunt 2021, we ended up seeing 7 bears over 12 days of hunting, none of us had ever killed a bear. I shot mine at around 125 yards with a 30-06, my brother shot his at 23 yards with a bow and dad shot his at 12 ft with a muzzleloader. We were into the elk but wasn't able to close the deal. The first week we were invaded by 4 hunter new to hunting elk, they played pure havoc on our hunting. We had a 6x6 at 25 yards in a stream when the local farmer ran about 30 head of beef cows over the top of us, several other close calls. My brother ended up shooting this bull after our friend had already shot it twice.

Attachments

• dad.jpg
    dad.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 4
  • me.jpg
    me.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 5
  • bull.jpg
    bull.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 6
  • jamie.jpg
    jamie.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 5
Elk Noob said:
Wow, that's cool. Was the bull limping much? They're incredible animals.

I didn't notice. I only had a clear view of him for about 5 seconds before I shot. I have a picture of another bull in the same area that looks like he was shot as well. I'll try to get it posted this weekend.

sjl2012 said:
New Mexico Bull from last Friday. 15 yard frontal. Someone had taken a shot at him the week before and centered that shoulder knuckle. Maybe that's the reason he was so pissed off that morning. 11 months to prepare for next year....

Wow, heck of a season SJL! Congrats on a second great bull.

resebo said:
Elk Hunt 2021 turned into bear hunt 2021, we ended up seeing 7 bears over 12 days of hunting, none of us had ever killed a bear. I shot mine at around 125 yards with a 30-06, my brother shot his at 23 yards with a bow and dad shot his at 12 ft with a muzzleloader. We were into the elk but wasn't able to close the deal. The first week we were invaded by 4 hunter new to hunting elk, they played pure havoc on our hunting. We had a 6x6 at 25 yards in a stream when the local farmer ran about 30 head of beef cows over the top of us, several other close calls. My brother ended up shooting this bull after our friend had already shot it twice.

Sounds like a heck of a hunt resebo! You guys came home with a bunch of meat!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back