3D Archery Shoots

E

Elk101 Admin

I have found that attending 3D shoots are one of the best ways to prepare oneself for actual hunting season. Not only do you get to watch other techniques of hunters but you also get to hear a lot of different opinions, advice, and tips. And of course, it will humble you when you made a less than perfect shot at 35 yards with an angle. Besides being a lot of fun and meeting a lot of similar minded people, I feel walking away from any 3D shoot you will find that they test you mentally and physically on your level of preparation.
What's your thought?   

Best practice for hunting if you shoot your hunting bow. Minus the broadheads of course, they tent to get pissy if you use those.

Great point about broadheads! Yes, definitely not a good idea to shoot with those on 3D courses! haha

I seem to find out about every 3D archery shoot after the fact. How do you all stay up to date on those? I'm not in any clubs, so I guess that might be one reason I'm not hearing about them.

Bull_Fighter said:
I seem to find out about every 3D archery shoot after the fact. How do you all stay up to date on those? I'm not in any clubs, so I guess that might be one reason I'm not hearing about them.

Bull_fighter,

check this site out.....

http://www.3dshoots.com/search_3d_archery.php

You can go to "find shoots" and then break it down by state.

Just shot my first 3d Sunday. No range finders. I've always had a feeling I rely on technology too much in the woods. I trusted my gut on yardage and was pleasantly surprised how well I did. Definitely room to improve, but better than I feared.

I'm now hooked. It's the best practice I've experienced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I shot one of the total archery challenge shoots this year and it has definitely boosted my confidence leading up to the season. The challenge was fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally got some pictures from the event, but I did a 3D charity shoot last Saturday.  Benefits went to the EOD warrior foundation. 
It was a great time and I ended up winning the bowhunter class (known yardage)

cb07b44838805f09a8944bb88da42999.jpg

cc6d5753299e26fc62ed753e98edd4d9.jpg

90c6e7c6a0cc8f7ee8fc3ab25de9bfc3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job Daniel.

One thing that is often overlooked for really tightening up you shooting is getting info a spots league or shooting rounds on your own. Shooting 5 spot or especially Vegas is very revealing if your form  breaks down over time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bowfreak said:
Good job Daniel.

One thing that is often overlooked for really tightening up you shooting is getting info a spots league or shooting rounds on your own. Shooting 5 spot or especially Vegas is very revealing if your form  breaks down over time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The 5 spot was definitely the most difficult part. I also shot myself in the foot big time on that part....
I didn't know there were going to be the 15 arrows at the end. I had four of my normal arrows and one other arrow in my truck that weighed 50 grains heavier than my normal ones.... so I had to use that one so I could shoot 5 arrows at once and I miss 2 of the 3 times with the heavy arrow haha

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back