3D shooting

dplumlee12

Dec 28, 2012
Just recently started shooting 3D targets.  It almost pisses me off to no end how tough it is to remove some arrows. Is there a secret I don't know about?  I have tried the arrow snot but not much easier.

I use a piece of 3/4" PVC pipe with a cap on both ends (drill a hole in one) filled with foam and soaked with dish soap. I just dip before the shot.

The best arrow remover that I have found is made by Glen Berry.  It is called the Power Arrow Gripper.  www.berrygamecalls.com

You need to get some arrow lube. You will pull your arrow out without a problem. You can get them at most of the bigger archery stores like Lancaster Archery. I have used Woodys and Scopian lubes. The lube comes in a small bottle with an applicator tip, you wipe a little amount of the tip of the arrow and your good to go. No more breaking a sweat getting your arrows out.

You can also crush up ivory bar soap, put it in you hip quiver, when you pull your arrows out to shoot, they are lubed. Hope this helps

I use old chap stick that is unscented and it works great and doesn't take up much space in the bow case. I also use an arrow puller made by allen that works well but is difficult to use when your groups are tight.

The trick I use is twisting the arrow before pulling. In most targets you twist about a quarter to half turn and you will hear the seal give way. Makes it a ton easier to pull. However I still use a puller - the hot dog bun looking one. I am not a fan of the lube. Gets on my fingers and annoys me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back