A problem or another opportunity?

Clayman56

Mar 31, 2018
Do bear change elk pattern? He is using the same trail as the elk, I'd tag him but he is a pretty small bear.

Attachments

• 2754.jpeg
    2754.jpeg
    804.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 1044.jpeg
    1044.jpeg
    671.8 KB · Views: 11
I have bears using the same trails, water, and wallows all throughout the year. 
I don?t personally think they mess with each other too much.

I was sneaking towards a group of elk when I spotted a small bear headed there direction. I don't think he knew they were there, but when he got into the same area as the elk they blew out of there in a hurry.

I would guess that elk are pretty used to bears being in the same areas. They might not hang out together but I wouldn't think they would run them out of the area completely.

It seemed like the bear was there in the afternoon and the elk were fully nocturnal at that time. He will be big enough this year I'll try and tag him in June just wasn't sure if once he gets bigger he will be a problem  and thenthen if I can get  one of the bulls attention now that I have their patterns pretty narrowed down in that area.

Have hundreds of photos and of elk and bear sharing the same water source or wallow on the same day.  They may not share at the same time but it has not been my experience that one blows the other out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back