Access roads?

nclonghunter

Dec 28, 2012
I look at all sorts of maps for Colorado and see where many roads go through small sections of private property and back onto public land. What's the rules for traveling through the private? Is there a map that clearly shows what roads are allowed to cross?

Can you park on the side of the road anywhere the NF or State land meets the roads? I have been told that you can drive on some but you can't park along them. No indications of being allowed or not is posted. Any help is appreciated.

Just based on my Colorado experience, I'm not sure there's a universal rule as I know some areas where you can drive thru roads on private property to get to public property but not park on the private sections but I also know others that you cannot drive thru from a public road thru private property.  I'd suggest calling a local game warden's office to see if they could tell you as you'd want to be very specific on what you'd like to do.

Most of the time of there's a no trespassing sign don't cross it, if there's a gate no signs and no locks use your own judgement just make sure to close gates, most property that has been posted no trespassing is because gates were left open or land was torn up.  If your not sure don't cross it get permission if possible. No gate free game is how I've always done it, and no lock no sign I go, although sometimes you get to the other side of the private and that gate is locked.  But like I said when in doubt stay off it and get permission, it doesn't have to be marked private or no trespassing in Colorado

If you get meat from the store then dont criticize me for having the courage to go out and kill my own meat

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back