Anybody try or have experience with the Field Logic IQ sight

dplumlee12

Dec 28, 2012
I'm interested in hearing real life reviews of this sight.  I guess I'm really interested in the retina portion of this sight.  Does it improve your groups?  Can you go peepless using it?
In the market for a 5 or more pin sight and want to make sure I have checked them all out.
Leading the pack:  Spot Hogg, axcel armortech....

I had a buddy that tried the IQ sight.  He loved it until he started hunting with it.  He missed the biggest deer of his life because he was leaning out and bent down to miss a tree.  He said that all is fine with it as long as you are standing strait up shooting in your back yard.  I will stick with the Spot Hogg!

Had one  for about 30 seconds.  Great idea...but not so practically.  Every time you do a gang adjustment (change arrows, etc) you have to reset the whole thing...which is a pain.
Also, for me, at least, it wasn't as intuitive as the peep/pins sights...but I'm very used to those.  The previous post about angled shots was more true for a twist shot than an elevation shot...but you can still do both. 
I'll stop short of calling it a gimmick.  If you are plagued with torque problems, it will help you a ton.  Sold the sight a week after trying it out.
Buy something bulletproof instead...

I ended up buying a spott hogg 5 pin sight.  Have had it for a few months and have ZERO complaints!  Thanks for your feed back.

Im dismayed to hear these opinions of this sight. I just bought 7 pin at a silent auction for less than 1/4 retail price. I use an older black gold 4 pin now. Maybe this will be on Craigslist soon.

I just installed a Retina IQ about 3-4 weeks ago.  It has significantly tightened my left and right grouping up.  It will surprise you how little of movement of your wrist will affect the torque on the bow.  I have no complaints about it at the moment.  I live in the East and treestand hunt......have not tried it out of a treestand at this point.  I have shot it standing and kneeling and have not had any issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back