best broadheads for the $$

I shoot the Muzzy 4-blade 100 grain, they dont look as mean and awe inspiring as a lot of broadheads, but they have never failed me, and always impress me with the kill. they are inexpensive compared to other brands and fly well.

I use Magnus Stinger 4 blade and have been happy with their accuracy. I have picked up a set of Trophy Taker Ulmer Edge and am excited to see how they preform for expandable's. 

I shoot slick trick 125s. They shoot good. Can't say much more since I haven't shot an animal yet.

I too use the Slick Trick standards 125 Gr. and they shoot with my field points and have been OK on killing game.  I am going to try the Slick Trick Viper Tricks this next year.  Hoping for a bit more penetration as I have hit a shoulder before without adequate penetration.

I swithched to the slick trick 100 grain mag a couple of years ago, have shot 2 mule deer and 2 javilina with them and not one animal went over 50 yards after being hit, fly like my field tips, but when it comes down to it, shoot what flys best for you, cause it comes down to shot placement in the end,

I started shooting G5 Strikers about 4 years ago and love them! They fly great on my set up and have never failed me in the field. I did shoot the Slick Tricks last year for a few months and have no complaints, but they didn't fly as well for me out past 40 yards, so I went back to the Strikers...

magnus stinger - 4 blade is the best broadhead for the money.

I killed oneelk with G5 strikers. They perform well but are expensive.

I killed one elk with a 100 gr slick trick. I'd say poor performance (i.e. penetration). With that said I have a 25.5" draw length and at that time was shooting a 420 gr arrow at 235fps.

I've killed one deer and three elk with the stingers. They perform well and fly straight. I definitely need the cut on contact broadhead with my short draw length.

+1 on the Slick Tricks... 125g Magnums...great consistency.  I tried the G5 Fixed Blade Montecs once based on their reviews...but quickly went back to the ST's.

I really like the G5 Montecs.

They shoot just like Field points.

They can be resharpened and used over again.

Great penitration.

Good luck

i like the idea of shooting like my field points. sounds like alot of slick trick fans out there. definantly gonna take a look at them.  I like the idea of the muzzy's with being able to replaced the blades.

Have used G5 Montec for many years. Shoot regular broad heads at targets when home and 100 field tips at the range. Arrow flight is very good and does not change from my field tips to broad heads.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back