best exercises for your legs????

tkruk

Dec 28, 2012
What are the best exercises to do to build up your legs? I live in West Virginia and we don't have that many really steep hills to climb. What can we do to help our legs. We already walk with a weighted pack, also run, squats,lunges. What else can we do?

Not sure if it is the best, but I like to road bike I start with about 30 miles every other night after work and work up to about 60 miles in August! My road bike is a 87 schwin touring. Not a high tech bike but it is a great workout!! Every other night so I can let my tail recover!! HAHA

I believe you got those legs cover.You dont want to over train them.Beacuse you could injure your knees.

It takes around two hours unless I get a flat tire which happened 5 times last summer!! I bike on a four lane road with a wide shoulder it feels safer than a two lane road!

Check out traintohunt.com Kenton has the best hunting based workouts. I only thought I was getting into hunting shape until I joined, now I am confident I will go farther and longer them ever this year.

nogutsnostory said:
Not sure if it is the best, but I like to road bike I start with about 30 miles every other night after work and work up to about 60 miles in August! My road bike is a 87 schwin touring. Not a high tech bike but it is a great workout!! Every other night so I can let my tail recover!! HAHA
I am not a fitness expert, but I know from experience that a road bike is an awesome workout, especially if you add climbs and intensity. believe it or not great for upper body also. Can't beat the aerobic part of it.

I'm running about 20 miles per week, crossfit 5 time a week. After I race this weekend I plan on walking with 50 pounds in my pack three times a week. I will walk all the hills that are around were I live. I'm going out to colorado for two weeks and at 56 years old I want to be able to hunt everyday without worrying about my legs holding up. thanks for the advice. keep it coming. I'm going to borrow a bike from a friend and see how that works also. The way I figure if a workout does not suck than it is not worth doing.

Hey Tkruk, I will be 56 this August. I am starting to  train for a 1/2 marathon (13.1) in November. I also mountain bike some and that is a killer workout. I just hate riding on the roads with old, distracted and impatient drivers just to mention a few. Last year I also hiked a couple times each week with a 40 pound pack on the same mountain bike trails I ride. It is worth every minute once you get on the mountain after elk...even if it does suck now.

Squats and stair climbing. Jumping rope and sprints are good too

Also don't forget to stretch, stretch, stretch..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back