Best Game Bags

pahunter13

Mar 1, 2019
I'm heading to Colorado this year for my first elk hunt. Wondering what game bags are the best for boned out meat quarters?

I like the Black Ovis synthetic bags. Lightweight, pack down small and wash out well after. I picked them up on Camofire for a decent price.

Welcome pahunter13! :welcome:

I've never used game bags with boned out meat, but if I were going to I'd probably look for smaller game bags. If you bone out the meat and put it all in a bag that would fit a regular elk quarter, it's probably going to pile up and sit weird in there, which can make it more difficult to pack. The meat won't breath very well either. There are plenty of companies out there making fancier game bags, but the basic cheesecloth style game bags will work just fine as well if you don't want to spend the money.

Tag bags seem to be the best. I have Kuiu ones too which are nice, the tag bags seem to hold boned out meet together better in the pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?ve only used the caribou game bags.  They have worked great and are pretty durable.  Hauled out 3 elk and a deer with mine and all but one is still working great.  The one that has a couple small holes were definitely my fault.  With all that said I will bet that most companies these days that make reusable bags make good ones.  Probably can?t go wrong

My buddy got the Caribou bags and we used them on two elk. They worked great and were washed after each use. I liked them so well I bought a set last year and got to use them on my boned out elk. Lucky me.....I would suggest writing your CID#, name, initials, drivers license number or soc. sec. number on them if you use a meat processor. You will want them back!

sweetroll said:
Tag bags seem to be the best. I have Kuiu ones too which are nice, the tag bags seem to hold boned out meet together better in the pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^This

I agree with others the Black Ovis Bags have held up to two elk and four deer so far and showing no signs of wear.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back