Beware when selling to anyone in Canada

WW

Mar 3, 2014
This is not a Canadian bashing post. But beware of the US postal system and the banking system here in the states. :mg: :mg: :mg: :mg: :mg:

Recently, I sold a piece of equipment to a fellow archer in Canada for $45. I figured I could eat the postage fees as the package only weighed 15 ounces. I ate it all right. As a matter of fact, I took it in the shorts big time. The postage was $16. :ill: Over a dollar an ounce! Then to top it off, my northern friend paid me with a Canadian postal money order and my bank teller told me she could only cash it with a $15 dollar processing fee. So now I only had $14 bucks instead of $45. So I went home and gave it some thought.

The next morning I called my bank and they gave me someone to talk to that new the facts. They told me that they could not cash it but I could deposit it in my account. What a fiasco!! :crazy:

The next time I\'ll be a little wiser, (I hope)!

Dang Bill, that stinks. I had something like that happen when I was trying to sell a piece of gear and the guy ended up being from Hawaii. Thank goodness I remembered to try the flat rate shipping at the post office. It fit in the small box and shipped for like $5! UPS would have been like $50.

I send a ton of calls and bugle tubes to the US from Canada and it\'s the same on both ends !

I had to keep my reed envelopes as flat as I could or the price went from $2.95 to $6-$8.00 in an instant !! So some days I would have to go to another outlet as it depended on who was working as they have there own ideas as to how packages get shipped !! It was very frustrating and I\'ve had words with many of them believe me !!

One package isn\'t bad but when you are send 30-40 every day it sure adds up !!

As most of you know I had to warehouse a bunch of bugle tubes to ship through out the states from Washington !! That cost about $6 anywhere but if I shipped them from Canada they charge me $30 bucks !!!! That\'s just crazy !!

There must be a better way but I haven\'t found it yet !

Trav

I GAVE a bow to a friend of mine in Ontario. I paid to ship it up there. They post office INSISTED that I put a value on it, even though I did not ask for insurance. He called me all mad after it arrived. Turns out he had to pay 135.00 to get customs to release the bow. Some sort of tax or some BS. I don\'t understand why it happened, but I\'m guessing it was because I put a value of 500.00 on the package.

Yup he had to pay tax plus brokerage fee\'s. Complete hog wash if you ask me.

Next time don\'t put the total price on it. Mark it as 2 dollars or something. They can only charge according to what you mark it as. The government gets enough of our money as it is anyways !!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back