Bicycles behind locked gates?

Bullhunter

Jan 2, 2013
I am looking to get a bicycle to use to get past those locked gates we all love.  Anyone have a certain bike they love to ride around those gates with?

There are several good brands of mountain bikes out there.  Try a few out at a reputable bike store and see what fits you best.
you'll want a light weight frame:  aluminum or carbon fiber
good brakes:  would recommend disc brakes
I agree with bucklucky and would go with a hardtail, but you'll want front shocks.  Those logging roads will shake you up pretty good.
Make sure you carry tools to fix a flat tire or broken chain.  I've experienced both while hunting or trail riding.  Can make for a long walk pushing or carrying a bike if you don't have the tools for some minor repairs.

Much depends on your budget and the road conditions as to which bike you go for. I have done this and it's great! I opted to go for a yard sale bike and fix it up. I added a few things and loved it. I sold it and now getting another used bike to fix up and attach a cart to it to haul the bags in and meat out.

Any hard tail mountain bike that is fairly light works great.  My only problem is when a motorcycle flies by me while I'm sweating my tail off.  It's quite the kill joy and has happened to me several times in North Idaho.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back