Bow Quiver Falling off

macrulz

Apr 8, 2017
I had some trouble with my bow quiver falling off of my bow the last time I went elk hunting.  The Octane Quiver latch did not have enough grip onmy Bowtech and kept working its way off as I would hike.  Has anyone else had trouble with this or thoughts on how to fix it? 

Get a Tight Spot. Adjustable in more ways than you can imagine. Never thought I'd spend north one $100 on a quiver, but I have 2 of them.

Totally woulda agreed with jstephens up til last year. Had a tight spot for 6 years without any issue. Then last year I was getting set up on a bull and I looked down and my quiver was gone! 5 arrows, 5 broadheads, plus the quiver, and missed the chance at a stud 6 pt. No I haven't found it yet ! Lol. So I'm trying a different brand right now. Good luck!

Like jStephens, I'll 2nd the tight spot. Locks up like a brinks truck, really light, hugs the bow, etc...

I spent years in the $40 quiver range and never thought about pony'ng up $100 for one. Bit the bullet maybe 3 yrs ago and it's lived up to the hype. I'm not much of a "buy what I have because I think it's the best" guy but this is one of those things I fought for years thinking 100$ the hold arrows was absurd. I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong and now that I have one I wouldn't go back to anything else. They're every bit worth the price.

Montanaelk, how did that happen? Did it break, screws come loose? Guess my second question would be, how the heck did you not know it? Was it strapped to your pack?

Jstephens- I have no idea! It's crazy. Strapped to my back like I've done thousands of times in the past. I do remember when I took it out of my case and tightened it to my bow, it felt like it didn't cinch as tight as normal. Followed the herd in the dark. Got to a pinch point, grabbed my bow off my pack and....crap. Watched the herd file by me in rifle range, but by then I was searching. I am now trying something similar that is retained with a set screw. I think it's a better retention set up. Hoyt makes it

Marculz, sorry to hear about the quiver issue. Like mentioned above, TightSpot is the best I have come across. Super light and they have the "Ironclad Guarantee." If your quiver breaks, no matter how they will repair or replace it at no cost! We have them on the Elk101 store page here:
http://www.elk101store.com/tightspot-5-arrow-quiver

I recommend the 5 or 7 arrow holder. Being a member you can use the promo code "elkcourse15" for an addition discount. Make sure to select the color/pattern you like and enjoy the free shipping! 

Let us know how you like it!

Was so close to buying a tight spot and got talked into a quivalizer. At least give it some thought or better yet find somebody that has one and is willing to let you try it. I love it, and I was that guy a couple years ago still shooting fingers on a compound because I like things simple, no hassle or extra crap to worry about when trying to take advantage of shot opportunities. Decided to be open minded as possible and I have so much confidence in my shot routine now that I never had before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what its all about: Experience, confidence, and arrow consistency.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back