bow slings

jamase

Dec 28, 2012
I was wondering who uses a sling while hunting? . where I hunt is usually thick, so I keep the bow in my hand most of the time. I have sling that I use if I'm moving in the dark..

Its nice to have a sling when Im covering a lot of miles fast , like in the dark going into a spot or comming out. Other than that its in my hand.

i agree, when the area gets really steep i like to use my Primos sling but other then that its usally in my hand.

You know I have used it during hunting hours just to change my luck , seems almost everytime I use it during the day I get into elk LOL. Rip it off , throw it back in the pack !!

I've thought about getting a sling, but have always been afraid I would miss an opportunity if I used one.  For those that use one, is Primos the way to go?

Used the Primos sling most of the year this past season and it worked out great at times. Other times I found myself carrying the bow with the sling around my neck just getting in the way. If I am going for a long hike before I start hunting the sling is the way to go but if I am hunting or stalking I would rather not have the sling at all.

I have the Primos sling, but don't use it to carry my bow.  If it's daylight my bow is in my hand.  If it's dark the bow is strapped to my backpack.  I use the sling to protect my string and cables while it's on my back or while riding the four wheeler.  It works great at keeping dust off of things.

Primos sling for me. It protects the wheels and string. Can pull it around on my back if climbing an embankment and if needing both hands for something. Good to have when dragging a deer also.
First year I used it, when I needed my bow I would pull the sling off, over my head and then pull the wheel covers off. It was slow and a lot of movement. Then one day it hit me to leave the sling on and pull the front wheel cover off, then pull the bow forward a little and the back cover would release. The sling would hang on my side out of the way or I could slide it to the rear. Got pretty quick at getting it free of the sling and ready with little movement. I'm a slow learner sometimes.

Great example of knowing your equipment and practicing in the off season. I will have try this. My bigger issue is carrying with my 2800 Badlands pack on at the same time. I will learn eventually.

I always like to have my bow in hand (main reason I got a matrix, less weight) cuz you never know.  but if i am covering a lot of ground, i usually strap it in the crew cab

I have never understood slings untill now.  I have always been a bow in hand sort of guy, but I can think of two times this past season hoofing if out of a spot that it would have been nice to get it out of my way.  Guess it should have been on my christmas list.  Live and learn!

I have the primos sling which I do like for using while hiking to and from camp to water holes in the dark. It is convenient in steep terrain. If I'm going in for miles I strap it on my eberlesock pack.

I just got the Primos.  Mainly for when im hiking into my area in the dark.  Throw it over my shoulder much easier than packing it in my hand.

I thought about getting one this year, but if its not in my hand its on my pack. Not sure if it would really help me out that much.

I carry my bow in my hand or on my shoulder. Tryed the slings out a few years back, just didn't feel right. Don't see the need for one really. When packing in or out at dark, I have it in my pack.

been using one of these for a couple years now it is best one i found for my mathews heilum.
specialtyoutdoorproducts.com

I use my Primos sling primarily when I have my bow on my pack.  It helps to cover my string and cams and protect them from any branches, boulders, etc.  I will take it off when I am hunting as it seems to get in my way. 

Dido with GoatT...Only use when I'm transporting my bow. Found it's more in the way when hunting than anything. Actually almost got me in trouble too the first time I used it. Came face to face with a Mtn. lion and since I wasn't familar enough with it I had issues getting it off without looking at it since I didn't want to take my eyes of the lion.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back