Camp Whack - AK - Moose 2016 - Story & Pics

cnelk

Mar 23, 2017
EDIT:  DECEMBER 2017

Ive been getting some emails and interest from guys wanting to go to Alaska.
I thought if I resurrected this thread and send them here would be easier

This is will be the official thread for my AK moose hunt which starts on Sept 9, 2016

** I will be sending Ol'Arky daily updates from my InReach to keep the hunt 'semi-live' **

Its time to get ramped up :)

Here is an aerial view of where I believe we will be dropped in.
The river on the right is the boundary

Any guesses on which lake we will be hunting?  :)

Attachments

• AK Lakes.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 668
I would have to guess one of these two simply because they are larger, allowing for an easier landing by the plane. I also see more land available around them, so I would assume better hunting land. But totally a guess :D

[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->Untitled.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 665
derek
You would be surprised how short of landing and take-off distances a SuperCub has :)

YouTube Supercub landings :)

\"cohunter14\" said:
BTW, I like the new name :clap:

Me 2, Brad... :upthumb: :upthumb:

It really doesn\'t make much difference which lake you hunt around but I would saw the one the pilot drops you off at would be a good choice... :D :D

My buddy in AK sent me this text last night....

\"A friend of mine seen a 60 + bull moose this last weekend near our spot. Seen 3 other sub legal mulligan bulls. He was hunting caribou. He passed on some meat bulls\"

Good deal, Brad... :upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb:

What\'s a sub legal mulligan bulls look like???? :train: :train:

\"Ol\' Arky\" said:
What\'s a sub legal mulligan bulls look like???? :train: :train:

Anything less than 49.99\" wide or 3 brow tines or less is a sub-legal bull

Great, Brad ... 60\" will do, eh?

You\'ll have a lot of people wanting updates. I hope your InReach is charged up!

Here is the weather forecast for my 10 day hunt....

Attachments

• AK weather.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 588
Looks like you might need the rain gear, Brad.... Those would be cold day hunts here in Arkansas but is that not pretty warm for this time of year up there in Alaska????

Well, the departure time has arrived.

I will fly DEN > SEA > ANC today, then tomorrow drive up to the float plane take-off spot

First thing Sunday morning we will be placed at a remote lake, set up camp, take a look around as we cannot hunt the same day we fly.

Good luck to those out hunting, and good luck to those that are going!

I would imagine that Brad\'s on that big silver bird heading north by now.... So Good luck, God\'s speed, be safe and have a great and successful hunt of a lifetime... :upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back