Confidence Level?

cnelk

Mar 23, 2017
As we enter the \'homestretch\' before archery season, how would you rank your level of confidence on a scale of 1 -10?
One is low - Ten is high

I\'d say I am rocking a solid 9.5 right now.
Time is ticking closer and I just have a great feeling about this year. :upthumb:

Confidence Level for elk: 7.5 ...Only because I know where to find them each year.

Confidence Level for mule deer: 9.5

I have never successfully shot any animal. I have shot at only one elk and he ducked my high vital shot. 2 years, I did draw on a yearling deer at 7 yards before letting down to give it a pass. Mule deer are like weeds. They are everywhere. Once I get one animal, my confidence will go up for elk. This is the first season where I take deer hunting more seriously and my deer tag is for the same unit as my elk hunting unit.

I\'d have to say somewhere between 1-3 because of a knee replacement and a bad lower back that I\'m in PT for now. Also was in the hospital so I missed my draw area and will be hunting the hi desert country this year. All new to me. Getting old just plain SUCKS!

I\'m probably at 9. :think:

I have to be at least at 9 every day I\'m out there...otherwise I\'m screwed. Too easy just to give up and sleep in otherwise :dk:

My confidence is way up there, prob 8-9.
But with a high confidence, does that take away from some of the excitement level?

Solid 4. It may change after scouting this weekend but who really knows what will happen in a few weeks? I felt really good about the deer tag I had last year, which I filled. This year I\'ll just have my E/S OTC elk tag and I haven\'t had the best luck of being in a situation to even draw on one. I\'ve had a few surprise encounters but I am kind of over those. I\'d really like an opportunity to have a close encounter.

My list of \"things\" to get done is miniscule compared to last year. I am excited for this hunting season but I can\'t say my confidence is soaring. Again, I should know more after this weekend.

\"cnelk\" said:
But with a high confidence, does that take away from some of the excitement level?
I am excited more than ever. Why? I spent the last 6 months convincing myself that ambush was the correct method for my first elk success. In turn, it has boosted my confidence level over other seasons.

Ambush isn\'t as exciting as calling or spot and stalk. Yet, changing methods has made me excited for the season and boosted my confidence. Why? Because I already know how to find elk in my area. If I did not know where to find the elk, my confidence level would be 2-3 rather than 7.5

\"cnelk\" said:

I\'m very confident I\'ll get a few good encounters, and I\'m about 90 percent sure I can pull off a lethal shot when it presents itself amidst a variety of circumstances.

Will I be excited at the time...oh yeah! :crazy:

I\'m not one of those guys with icewater in his veins...bull or cow...I get a serious adrenaline rush. It\'s what keeps me coming back ;)

I would say I\'m about a 8.

I don\'t think being confident takes any excitement away for me. I get a little excited every time I see a elk even if I\'m not hunting.

I would say my confidence level in filling a tag this year is around 40%...I don\'t know if that puts me at a 4 then? I have put in more time this year than any prior, I\'m another year smarter, and I have what I feel is a great game plan for this year. I just don\'t know my area well enough to say higher than 40% at this point.

My preparation has been a 10 though :D

How confident? About 8 right now ... I need to do some fine tuning and pay attention to some details to increase that.

I\'m very confident that we\'ll be in elk most-if-not-all days.

Weather, illness, injury, and many other things can get in the way, of course, but with a little more attention to two things, I\'ll be in that 9+ range.

Those two things?

Shooting more, and final touches on the details of packing.

Post scouting levels are at a 5.5 now. If i can convince myself the elk will be where i found them this weekend it goes to a 7/8. I see no reason why they won\'t be ther other than hunting pressure. I will be dissecting the map to see where they might go if pressured. If i can make sense of that then the confidence level goes to a 9. :twisted:

I would say I am at about a 7 right now. There are numerous things that could cause me trouble, but I also have some fall back plans too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back