CPW 5 Year BGSS - Public Comment Survey

cnelk

Mar 23, 2017
The CPW has released a public comment survey with a few questions in relation to the next 5 yr BGSS.

https://www.research.net/r/8MQNS3F

Use caution on what you submit, as it could negatively effect YOUR hunting each year.

For those that are participating in this, what are your thoughts? Do you want to see changes and, if so, what changes do you want to see?

I personally feel like some changes may be needed, but I also get very nervous when they try to 'rock the boat'. The thought of limiting licenses and potentially not being able to hunt every year definitely scares me a bit as well. I'm guessing that wouldn't happen with these potential changes, but it's a step in that direction.

Here is my comment.

Make archery elk and deer season September 1 -30 each year.

Make moose a Season Choice tag. Ability to hunt with archery, ML or rifle throughout the entire seasons.

Make ALL moose tags Once in Lifetime draw. Bulls and cows.

The questions are pretty much bogus.

I believe they have already decided what will happen, this survey is just a formality.

They pull this similar BGSS survey every 5 years just to make us think they even consider the wants and needs of everyone. This one seems to be heavily geared toward the archery seasons. And you can bet your bottom dollar that the Colorado Bowhunters Assn. will recommend status quo as they always do. Queston # 16 makes me wonder how our new governor elect and his first gentleman will answer it :wtf:

cnelk said:
Here is my comment.

Make archery elk and deer season September 1 -30 each year.

Make moose a Season Choice tag. Ability to hunt with archery, ML or rifle throughout the entire seasons.

Make ALL moose tags Once in Lifetime draw. Bulls and cows.

I feel you there. Also think they need to make bighorns a once in a lifetime... 

I just completed the survey. I asked the archery elk season extend to the end of September.

Also, hunters be given a choice of a fishing license or small game license when purchasing the big game tag. They currently give non-residents a fishing license with purchase. I may not fish but I will certainly be hunting.....give us a choice.

Took the survey a couple of days ago. 

Would like to see NR licenses as draw only.  No different than Wy or NM or other states.  Not to pick on the NR hunters but to possibly get the PP's out of the system and get more control of what is happening in the OTC units.  The OTC units for residents would  still be an easy draw for NR's. 

Moose, Goat and Sheep go back to the pay up front model for just these licenses. Also carve out a portion of licenses for those that have max weighted points for a special draw for these long timers.  I know of some guys that have been putting in for 20+years and have never drawn and others have drawn after only 4 to 5 years. 

Mandatory harvest reporting for all big game species to make stats meaningful instead of an educated guess. 

Archery season Sept 1 to Sept 30. 

Rojo

rojo_grande said:
Would like to see NR licenses as draw only.  No different than Wy or NM or other states.  Not to pick on the NR hunters but to possibly get the PP's out of the system and get more control of what is happening in the OTC units.  The OTC units for residents would  still be an easy draw for NR's. 

Unfortunately this wouldn't help with PP's at all. If the OTC units are easy to draw, non residents just draw them with a second choice tag and still rack up preference points.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back