Crispi Boots?

enigmatic

Dec 30, 2012
Anyone have any experience with these?...I'm looking for a set for late season hunting that will be waterproof and relatively light.  I've heard they are comparable to Kenetrek.  I've seen the banner for Lathrop and Sons Boots...anyone own any of these? 
If you have any other experience with great, waterproof boots, let me know.  Both pairs of D-Pronghorns failed me miserably this year for some reason...even after treating them with wax repeatedly.

My brother just stepped into to Crispi Idaho's from Danner Pronghorns...he cannot say enough good things about Crispi Boots.  I have Kenetreks and am happy with them but am considering a warm-weather addition in the form of Crispi's

I'll be watching this post cause i was wondering the same thing about Crispi's the wilds in particular.

First post for me, but since my Crispy Nevadas are possibly my favorite piece of gear (toss up between them and my Mystery Ranch Longbow) I had to weigh in. I bought them last summer and did some scouting as well as spot and stalk in themlast fall. They performed as well in late season as they did in early season. The boots are tough and totally waterproof. I tested them in glacier fed streams near Mt Baker before the season. Walked through the streams repeatedly and stood in ankle deep water for a few minutes while helping my kids scamper across on logs (I was the only one with waterproof boots). They were comfortable from the first time I put them on. I did a few shorter hikes, 3-5 miles, to break them in, but can't really say there was a break in period. I have never had hotspots. Some people replace the inserts but I have been happy with the factory inserts. This season my Nevadas saw temps from near 80 down to freezing, the horribly dry dusty early season and the soggy cold late season. They seemed to breath well. I wore the same merino blend socks all year and my feet were not too hot or cold. Although there are a number of great boots out there, I think my Crispis will last so long I wont be trying the others any time soon.

Thanks for the great, meaningful feedback...that is the exact pair I have been looking at, the Nevada lineup.  Nothing like a true year-long field test from a fellow hunter for good input.  Only 8 1/2 more months til September!

I think I will be purchasing a pair of Crispi boots, I know a few guys that have them and love them!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back