Denver International Sportsman Expo - Meet Up?

cnelk

Mar 23, 2017
<!-- m --><a class=\"postlink\" href=\"http://www.sportsexpos.com/attend/2015/denver/\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;\">http://www.sportsexpos.com/attend/2015/denver/</a><!-- m -->

The Denver Sportmans Expo is coming up on January 15 - 18. See link above
I curious is there is any interest in BTO members meeting up at a certain time?

If interested, reply with a time that would work and maybe we could do a Meet & Greet

As of now, Im wide open and available any time

Brad, I\'d be interested if it\'s Saturday or Sunday. Looking at the presenters on Saturday, I\'d like to see Chris Roe and Corey Jacobsen talk about elk at 11:30 and 2:30 I believe.

If it were in the summer, I\'d suggest having a \"tailgate\" gathering in Coors Field parking lot.

Russ

Ok!
We have some interest!
For right now, Lets narrow it down to Saturday or Sunday.

How many votes for Saturday?

How many votes for Sunday?

Let me talk to the better half tonight and throw this around.
We have a 4 day weekend from work and Id love to surprise her with a fun getaway. She let me hunt my tail off this year, so I can take her to Denver, take her shopping, eat good food, then I get one day with you guys.

My vote is Saturday.

Dan, you and Alyssa are more than welcome to stay with us but I do see the upside to staying in Denver with the fiancee. Plenty of things to go and do.

I might be able to make this too actually! We may be going to the mtns snowmobiling that weekend though, so its still up in the air. But if I can make it, it would be Saturday.

I am hoping to meet up with a couple buddies that Saturday to watch Corey\'s spiel. I\'d be up for meeting up with you all as well.

I will try to meet up with you guys on Saturday. I have to work with the wife to take our boys to their sports practices that day.

The CPW is has a $2 discount coupon available to print for the Expo

<!-- m --><a class=\"postlink\" href=\"http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Marketing/ISE_Coupon_2015.pdf\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;\">http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Market ... n_2015.pdf</a><!-- m -->

Chris Roe presents at 11:30am
Corey Jacobsen presents at 2:30

What time on Saturday works for everyone?

I\'m returning late on Friday night from business travel but could still probably make a 10:00 or 10:30 time. Else, we find someplace to grab lunch in between presentations?

I strongly encourage the attendance of Chris Roe\'s talk on Rethinking the Rut. Last Summer, I heard him speak at a Sportman\'s Warehouse seminar. If you miss him at the Expo, he sometimes does talks at Sportsman\'s Warehouse and other locations in CO.

Here are some points I have in my notes from last year.

In a perfect world, cows come into estrus Sept 19-21 due to the amount of daylight during those days. We rarely have a perfect world (Winter weather, amount of food, calf recruitment/survival), therefore, cows will cycle at different times.

He mentions why we should observe the number of calves during our scouting trips and why some cows come into estrus before Sept 15th.

After I move, I may attempt to post a summary of his points. Perhaps those attending, can take some notes to share. He has excellent knowledge of elk.

Have fun!

Unfortunately I have to attend the ISE on Friday afternoon/evening, as we have some commitments for my boys on Saturday. Have fun all, hopefully get to meet another time.

Roman

Myself, my son and a couple good friends will be there. We\'re watching Chris\' s demo and Corey\'s. Then my son and are hitting up the vendor booths, etc. while my buddies watch a couple more demos. I\'m all for meeting up with you guys for a meet & greet between shows.

Unfortunately I cant make it Saturday :(
It looks like its Lark\'s group and Colorado Russ attending.
I looked at the floor plan and there is an elk display across from where you are listening to the presentations.
Maybe that would be a good place for you guys to meet?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back