Deployed

afteamroper

Dec 30, 2012
I am currently deployed in the US Air Force and will be returning with only around apox a month and half before archery season. I was wondering what "bow stregthing" tools you guys have used. I obviously cant/dont want my bow over here but i dont want my muscle memory to go away either.

Thanks for the help

First of all, THANK YOU for your service and sacrifices.

I would do any kind of exercise that would target your back muscles and arms.
Pull up's or chin up's would be good. Also, grab a 5 pound weight and try and hold it at bow level as long as you can simulating holding your bow at full draw without breaking your form.

Please be safe and hurry up and get home.

I'm not much for giving advise on fitness but i did want to say thank for your service!!!

Thanks for your service I know when I was in Iraq we had some bows from bowtech that they donated for some r&r also they give great discounts to deployed service members... Other wise go down to the TMC and Get some of the rubber bungees meant for therapy hold those and draw them it will help out big time. Good luck with the rest of the deployment if you need anything sent over don't be afraid to ask we will ship you out some goodies.

Glad you clarified. It was starting to get a little awkward around here .............. LMAO.

Hey Air Force you should have taken your bow with you.  What a glorious opportunity
It would be to stand watch in a F.O.B. tower and get the shot of a lifetime!  Work those deltoids and traps.  God Speed Airman and be safe.  US Army Dog retired

Thanks for your service! And let us know what we can do for you.  If you want a bow over there, just say the word and I will have one on the way.  It's the least that we could do!  Thanks

first off thank you for all of the support! Medic that is a very kind gesture but with all of the customs and red tape to get a bow over here, not  to mention the "safety classes" i would probably have to take it wouldn't be worth it.

I am looking into either a BOWFIT or Bowtrainer in place of a bow. Does anybody have any experiance with either?

Thank you again

SSgt Meyer

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back