Diaphragm calls

Flatlander Tom

Aug 18, 2019
I have a Rocky mountain all star diaphragm mouth call and i am having tno luck with getting this call to go from high pitch to low pitch smoothly. I do not have any problems with bugling or chuckling. any tips on this?Thank you.

Welcome to the forum!  :welcome:

If you haven?t already, check out Corey?s calling series on YouTube. It?s extremely helpful. Here is a link to the first video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1zMW6w1Drb8

If that doesn?t help, you might want to give another diaphragm a shot. The Champ or Contender might end up working better for you.

I have an All Star that I have had for three years and it still works great. It has the old RMHC logo on it. I was worried it may be getting worn out so I purchased another last year that has the Elk101 logo. I could never get the sounds out of it right. I bought two more this year thinking that maybe I had just got a bad one. Nope, they both still don't work right like the old one. Not sure what changed but when the logo changed so did the sound. I was talking with Dirk Durham at Hoodoo and he suggested the orange Amp Phelps call and It works and sounds like the old All Star, which is still working better than the three new ones.

I've tried them all and gotta say the Phelps diaphragm calls are really good. Everyone's mouths are different, though. Try one until you find what works best for you. The All-Star used to be a favorite of mine as well, but I too noticed that I had trouble using them recently. Now I've got 3 different Phelps calls in the line-up that all work great for me and I just keep my old All-Star as a 4th string backup.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back