Easton Axis Arrows

radmansciteach

Dec 12, 2012
I'm thinking of switching to "hard hittin'" Easton Axis Arrows.  I have never shot the small diameter arrows.  Who shoots em'?  What do you guys think about the small diameter arrows?

I shoot the Easton Axis 400 with 100grain Slick trick standards and i love them. Great penetration and i dont get much wind drift with them if any at all unless the winds are greater then 35-40 mph.

I bought some in 400 spine, and they didn't seem to shoot as well from my setup as did my Gold Tips. That being said they were heaver than my gold tips, and I shoot a slow bow. For the price difference, I stayed with my Gold Tips, they work just fine.

I have not shot them personally but both my hunting partners shot them this year and loved them I did notice improved penetration in the target over my gold tips I plan on switching to the axis this season

I used to shoot the full metal jacket.  awesome penetration, sometimes hard as hell to pull out of the target.  Indestructible though.  On several occasions I sent one halfway through a fence.  Had to cut a section out of the fence to get it out, still straight and grouped right there with the rest of them

I shot them with my old bow and loved them. I'm shooting a faster bow now with more poundage so I moved to the FMJ and OMG they hit hard. Can't go wrong with Easton...

Fullabull said:
I shot them with my old bow and loved them. I'm shooting a faster bow now with more poundage so I moved to the FMJ and OMG they hit hard. Can't go wrong with Easton...

yeah the penetration is ridiculous.  I've had a hard time pulling them from a target, even with an arrow puller.  I used them for 3d and they are a pain to pull out of those targets

I shoot the 300 and love them!  I shot a bull this year and it was a long poke!  Entry was two ribs from the ponch quartering away.  Ended up being stopped by the hide on the opposite shoulder!  When quartering it up to pack it out, I did a partial bone out on that shoulder!  It didn't go through the shoulder blade but was deflected by it!  Considering the length of the shot and what it still did, I am very happy for what it did!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back