Fitness Goals for 2013

I've got a son in Peru, so am planning a visit in March and will hike Machu Piccu.  Good motivation to stay in shape for the fall hikes as well.

Drop 20lbs. Log 12 to 15 miles a week hiking,and hunting coyote. Add some circuit training to my martial arts sessions. Then head for the Powderhorn next Oct! Can't wait.

Looking at doing a half marathon.  Also I do a lot of cycling so will be doing a few centuries and also lots and lots of scouting on the mountain this summer.  I should be in pretty good shape come August.

Loose about 35 pounds. Run half Marathon the first of June.crossfit workouts until elk hunt in September. Going for two weeks the year because I'll be retired at the end of this school year.,

Keep hammerin...Aside from a short break around the holidays, I work out (run, lift, bike) year round.  Usually sign up for a couple trail/road halfs along the way to keep me honest cardio wise.

I don't need to lose weight by any means. I need to put on muscle weight. I am a runner and have been since junior high. So endurance isn't generally a problem, but I want to put on a little more muscle mass. My plan is to start the P90X regiment in 2013 to tone up. I just want to be in better shape to haul out game in the backcountry. I don't have a gym membership so I figure I will try the P90X to get in better physical shape.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Feedback on P90X?

I want to lose another 10 lbs! Which shed hunting is right around the corner so it shouldn't be too bad!!

MuleyCrazed- I haven't personally done P90X but one of my good friends has and she loved it and said it really toned her muscles.

I have done both P90x and Insanity. Both are good and will help with endurance. I prefer CrossFit for many reasons.
1. I like the competition (I'm a type A person and thrive off it)
2. It gets harder the better shape you get into
3. It's constantly variable and functional movements
4. It will push you mentally into a new level of toughness 

I agree with eatelk. Crossfit is awesome for the elk woods!!!

As for my goals i would like to put on about 10 pounds and get my strength and endurance back up. I have been sick for about 4 weeks and am just starting to get back into exercising. 

I would like to be down 20 lbs by hunting season. I just started running every day and I am feeling better. I do hurt alittle after every run but then again I am pushing 40. What are some other good excersises that I can do for losing weight and fat and gaining cardio.

Jeff

I need to drop about 10-20 pounds before the season.  Going to do a lot more trail running this year too.

cont. running work to complete a 50K (31.1miles) then maybe a 50 mile run I train in the hills now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back