foundation for wildlife management

L

lang

So there's a group in North Idaho that is supplementing costs for wolf hunting expenses.  You pay $35 up front and they reimburse you up to $500.  Right now its only for Unit 1, but they are hoping to expand to the panhandle then all Idaho.  Haven't talked to them personally yet, but hope to soon.  There sight is f4wm.com for any interested.

I was wondering if this was a "bounty" type of program and that would not likely go over well with the wolf supporters out there.  The website noted that it would reimburse for documented expenses up to $500 for such things as gas, ammunition, rifle (?), ATV tires, etc.  Apparently, some trappers from last year could not afford to continue the trapping this year due to the cost.

I'VE NEVER DONE THE TRAPPING THING, BUT I KNOW HOW MUCH IT CAN COST TO KEEP A BEAR BAIT LOADED FOR SIX WEEKS STRAIGHT ON A TIGHT BUDGET AND I WOULD THINK IT WOULD BE SIMILAR. 

RockyMountainHi said:
I was wondering if this was a "bounty" type of program and that would not likely go over well with the wolf supporters out there.  The website noted that it would reimburse for documented expenses up to $500 for such things as gas, ammunition, rifle (?), ATV tires, etc.  Apparently, some trappers from last year could not afford to continue the trapping this year due to the cost.

its crazy to think there are wolf supporters out there who don't seem to understand that in our modern world where we have destroyed much of the natural habitat, animals are forced into smaller tracks of land.  you cannot manage one species and allow another one to explode.  These are delicate systems and it is now our responsibility to balance the populations.  I'm sure other states will soon follow suit to encourage the taking of wolves.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back