Garmin Question

Lark Bunting

Sep 14, 2016
I have the Etrex CX. When I go to a spot and select the waypoint option I can name the waypoint and store the waypoint. I find it under \"Find-Waypoints\"

When I try to load GPS coordinates from home the device does not save the waypoint under \"Waypoints\". It stores the coordinate location under \"Recent Finds\". I\'m afraid I may lose data due to it not storing them under \"Waypoints\".

I have read the manual (RTFM) and it doesn\'t go into enough detail to figure this one out.

Any ideas?

I have a Garmin, but not an Etrex. When I am home I start by making my current location a waypoint. Then I go into that waypoint and change the coordinates to what I want and rename it. Like I said I don\'t have a Etrex, but try that and let us know how it works.

You can copy the entire folder tree on the Garmin, over to your PC for safe keeping. Then if you get a new gps, simply copy the data you want, back to the new gps, putting it in the Garmins folder of the same name. You can also mirror the Garmin folders on your SD card and put your data there. The GPS reads both the garmin tree and the SD card tree when booting up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back