GETTN OLD

bschunter1

Jan 14, 2013
AS i GET OLDER I AM FINDING THAT MY VISION IS BECOMING LESS THAN DESIREABLE. WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND TO COMPENSATE FOR THE DECREASING VISION LOSS, AS FAR AS SIGHTS GO, I ALREADY HAVE THE MAGNIFIERS.

IS A SINGLE PIN SIGHT THE WAY TO GO?

I have been fighting eyesight my whole life. I still use the multi pin sight but just yesterday I shot at the range with my glasses on for the first time and boy what a difference.  I think I am just going to get a couple cheap pairs from my optometrist and go with that for a while. Didn't seem to get int he way of Anchor points which was my original concern but more to come.

I mean, what are we talking about here? Do you wear any kind of corrective lenses? Are you not able to see the target, or are you just experiencing more eye strain than you're used to while shooting?

If it's just eye strain, I would recommend using a single (or double) pin slider which will open up your field of view quite a bit. I have the Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL double-pin slider and I love it. I don't like having pins all over the place. I want to see what I'm aiming at, but to each their own.

I'm blind as a bat when I'm not wearing my contact lenses or glasses. I'd never shoot without one or the other (contacts preferred). With the contacts, my eyes do get super dry on occasion and the whole site picture is blurred. Good to keep some eye drops on hand.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back