Help each become better callers

Feb 28, 2016
was thinking, to help improve myself and others curious if anyone will upload Cow Calls, Location bugles, and challenge bugles try to help each other fine tune each set of calls.

I started my calling sequence with
2 sets of soft cow calls (phelps green amp reed)
estraus call / demanding mew (phelps green amp reed)
location bugle x2 (white amp reed)
location bugle x2 (RMGC blue pallet plate)
challenge bugle x2 (RMGC blue pallet plate)

where can I get better and what reeds do you think sound better, also using new phelps tube for every call besides cow calls. please add your calls also would love to hear the differences

download the short clip just below. thanks

Attachments

• Voice 063.amr
    117.3 KB · Views: 18
Just noticed the thread. I posted this on another site as well for feedback and havent gotten much. Ive been practicing a bit more since and can post more if the thread takes off. Working on my cow/calf talk, excited cows with a little more demand. Location bugles, challenge, lip bawls ect...
I use glacier country calls. Deadly weapon 2 and Troys secret weapon
Bugle tube is the bully bull extreme with 3 sound dampeners

Attachments

• Sounds from Friday morning (1).mp3
    649.7 KB
  • Sounds from Friday morning (2).mp3
    420.8 KB
  • Sounds from Friday morning.mp3
    531.5 KB
I will relay the tips I was given and you can take them for what they are worth. For the location bugle, get to that high note quicker and hold a clean high note for 3 to 4 seconds and cut it off quick. Less tapering on each end if you will. I will drag it out a bit further at times. I think its in the first clip I have Friday morning sounds (1) with the first call being close to what I do for location calls. Not sure what you think about this? let me know.
Dont forget to suck in air with chuckles and grunts to add more realism to them, also a tip I was given. But be careful with the read when doing this.

Brent, sounds pretty good to me! I would say your first location bugle in #1 almost hit the high notes too quick and came down off of them too quick as well? The second one was a bit better. Clip #2 didn't sound quite as clean as the calls in #1 IMO. Cow talk sounded good. All in all, I would say you are ready to go!

One thing that seems to help me is to watch some hunting videos on youtube. Get guys like Corey on there who are throwing out location bugles constantly and you get a solid feel for what that should sound like. Then you get the closer encounters and get a good feel for the chuckles and grunts as well. I try to ingrain those sounds into my head and mimic them.

Thanks for the feedback. I was trying a few different things on the second clip, not the best calling. I agree. Ill give that a try with the location bugle. What I think I sound like, compared to recording it is always different. It helps trying to compare the calls to actual elk on youtube and getting feedback from others. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back