How to relieve shoulder pain?

Archery Elk Crazy

Jun 21, 2013
In my last post I asked for adive on my shoulder injury.  It now feels way better but I still can't quite draw my bow.  I need to start shooting again because archery opens in 3 weeks.  Does anyone have a good way to condition a shoulder back into shape?  I am very close to having it healed up, I just need to get it back into shape.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would work on range of motion and try to build back some strength simulating your draw using exercise bungees

Ok I will try that. I have another bow that I don't shoot so I backed it's draw way down.  I have been pulling it to exercise my shoulder and have been stretching alot.  Thanks for your advice.

screwed up my shoulder 2 years ago, couldent move my right arm for over a week , it acts up on me every now and again and I find the best thing to do is rest it, If you got to work it than swimming works good, You may feel like you are loosing out by resting it but if you push it and screw it up again You may have to kiss this season good by.

Let your bow off as light as your shoulder can take and gradually build your poundage back along with your form.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back