Hunting Choice

BrentLaBere

Jan 7, 2013
Well, I have pretty much made up my mind but I'm curious to hear what some of your opinions might be. Here is the situation I'm in....
Buddy of mine wants to draw a cow only tag for a certain area. I don't agree with this route because for me its more about the pursuit (and that pursuit involves head gear). I want to get an either sex tag and if not drawn for the right area just use it as a general tag in MT. I have mentioned on another topic that I will be applying for the breaks around Ft. Peck. mainly because that's where my buddy wants to hunt. I believe he is hunting with someone from his work as well. My question is for you guys, Do you hunt alone or go for the cow tag?

I am not a big fan of hunting alone out of State. To many things can happen.
Maybe you can find another hunting partner ?

Kevin

I would love to have the option of another hunting partner. Most of my friends stick to waterfowl and upland game hunting so finding someone isn't so easy. So as of right now its go it alone or not go......

It's all about what you are comfortable with, personally I would go it alone and hunt Bulls. If you are confident and comfortable going alone by all means do it. Some of my best hunts and harvests have been solo.

I am with Stealth. If you are comfortable hunting by yourself, go for it and just be careful. 80% of my hunting is by myself. I just know going in I can't make a big mistake while afield, whether that is while butchering,  etc. Just have your friends on stand by to help you pack out that bull when you come a calling, as packing out an elk by yourself is one big undertaking. 

That is a tough choice. prior to last falls hunt, I had some real apprehension about the hunt and all the people going (8 total). and out of the 8, no-one had a hunting style similar to mine. I was the only bowhunter, everyone else muzzleloader. that was only the start of the differences. However, at the end of the hunt I felt I had new and better friendships and it was a fulfilling hunting experience.
I think going solo would be a tremendous adventure, but unless I had several elk kills, lots of mountain experience, and good cell phone coverage, it may be a long lonely hunt.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back