Idaho controlled hunt results

I put in for Hunt 2023 unit 45-1 and was successful. I have never tagged out on an elk or even a deer. Hoping this will be the year! Any pointers for a rookie would be appreciated!

Wahoo!
My son and I drew 2022 unit 45. We have always successfully hunted the Salmon so this area will be new to us. My son is out of state working the fires this summer so I imagine he will have a limited window of opportunity so it will be up to Dad to do some serious scouting and locating. So far my research on that unit is so limited except for IDFG.
Any tips or a tip trade for other units that we have knowledge in would be sincerely appreciated.

My hot streak continues. Oh wait. No. My streak of getting hosed continues. 14 unsuccessful years for a tag that if you go by the draw odds I should have drawn 4 times now. My cousins husband has put in for the same tag 3 times and drawn it twice and there daughter has gone 2 for 2 on the same tag. I'm not bitter though. Or insane with jealousy.

I drew an unbelievably lucky once in a life time Unit 54 Archery Elk Tag! Also have never spent any time in the area. So any knowledge of the area you guys are willing to share would be greatly appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back