Lightning struck! Oh, did I mention I have an elk tag?

Boom

Aug 6, 2017
after 13 years of spiking my cap into the dirt and stomping on it in April.  BOOM! 

My brother and I put in separately and both drew a hunt. The same hunt.

It?s a new New Mexico hunt. We are calling it our CHRISTMAS HUNT  a.k.a. The ?We are gong to annoy the hell out of our significant others hunt?. it is the week before the big holiday. No last minute shopping, no holiday parties, no chestnuts roasting...ah, you get the idea.

But holy heck. Archery in the dead of winter. My brother is already running cameras out there. His friends are all looking for water. Biologist are in speed-dail...

Winters are mild by most standards. This is unit 34.

I?m exercising already. My cardio is already way better. I need to rig up a safe backyard in my garage for daily shooting, even at hyper close range. Maybe a couple of giant arrow bags. I?m not great at Sheetrock repairs. It?s a challenge for me to find time to exercise and shoot my bow. Maybe take up trail jogging/bow shooting in a hybrid decathelon thing. Hehe.

Congrats!!  I was very close to putting in for that tag.  Hunted 34 second archery a couples year?s back and love the unit.  Have some great spots tagged if I ever get to go back.  Let us know how that xmas hunt works out!  Hopefully you were good this year and Santa pays up. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats Cliff, that's awesome! So, a December archery elk hunt...that's interesting. What's your strategy going to be? Blinds/stands? Or spot and stalk? Should make for a challenging hunt!

Congrats Cliff!!!!!!  :thewave: :thewave:

Im so pumped for you guys!

cohunter14 said:
Congrats Cliff, that's awesome! So, a December archery elk hunt...that's interesting. What's your strategy going to be? Blinds/stands? Or spot and stalk? Should make for a challenging hunt!
i think (i talked to Dan) will be to sit and glass.  then stalk!!
we have antler restrictions.  minimum 6pt on a side.  so we have to sit down, and bare minimum - suss out the antlers.  or shoot the first cow that steps out.  hahahha.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back