Looking for opinions

Tbunao

Feb 6, 2015
I have permission to get back into this area this September but will not have a chance to get to scout it.  Just looking for some thoughts.  The area has elevation up to 11000ft.  The first picture is a view from the south and the second will be a view from the north.  Same goes for picture 3 and 4.  Thanks

Attachments

• hunt 1.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 18
  • hunt1.5.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 10
  • hunt 2.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 7
  • hunt2.5.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 4
ok now im jealous need a partner lol when are you going to hunt it what time of year roughly i mean looks like good grazing areas cover timber . if it were me id make an abc plans and hammer as much as you can depending on weather and wind

Without scouting I would just be starting early at the best vantage point to use glass and ears, and hopefully that points you in a direction fairly quickly.  Great lookin area.  Of course I'm a North Idaho jungle hunter so if I am any where I can see 50 yards I get excited.

Lang,

Have you been out shed hunting at all this year? I found a couple oldies but nothing new deer or elk.
Also did you tag out this year?

cowboystl1  i'm going the 3rd week in september.  From the topo's there are 3 great points between 10k and 11k that i should be able to glass over a large area.  Depending on wind is what direction I will head. 
Lang your area sounds like my whitetail area.  I rarely have over a 20 yard shot yet alone see over 50.

AWHUNT, no and no.  I started a new job August 25th of all days!  So only made it out 5 days, but came oh so close!  Had several dink shots at cows, but no cow tag.  Bulls all stayed just far enough out to keep my arrows on the string.  As for sheds I actually won a sponsored athlete slot for the CDA Tri Team.  So I'm working out 6 days a week and have to be careful with time trying to balance family time and working out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back