My latest knife

WW

Mar 3, 2014
Back in the knife making mode. Here is my latest! It has an elk antler handle. I\'m a sucker for the trigger style handle. It has a really nice grip and feel to it. I had the blade engraved by a good friend. Now I need a good leather sheath to top it off. Maybe that will be a good winter project.

I haven\'t tried to add pictures for quite some time. Sure hope this works!!! :wtf:

Looks great Bill! What did you use for the knife? I\'d love to try making one sometime, but have no clue what to do.

There are lots of different blades you can get. The one in the picture is a Helle Futura which is hard to find unless you can get a supplier to special order one for you.

\">>>---WW---->\" said:
There are lots of different blades you can get. The one in the picture is a Helle Futura which is hard to find unless you can get a supplier to special order one for you.
I\'ll try to add a picture of my using knife. Same blade but no engraving on it and it has an elk ivory (which you can\'t see in the pic) that is inbedded in the pommel. and a sheath I made for it.

Here is the using knife. The blade has a few scratches on it but that\'s OK. It has been thru a bunch of deer and elk.

I love it ... great looking knife ... I\'d buy one tomorrow if they were for sale.

That said, I mis-read the title of the thread ... thought it was \"My latest wife\".

Which is ok -- nothing wrong with either.

Ha ha Tick! My latest wife has hung around for 43 years. I think she is a keeper. :dance2:

I have sold a few of my knives and I\'ve made a few for friends and relatives. But it is just a hobby and I only make 1 or 2 a year when I\'m in the mood. There is a lot of hand work involved so I price them accordingly . I don\'t provide a sheath with the knife because you can buy them off of the internet cheaper than I can even buy the materials to do it with.

Some of Bill\'s handiwork that I was fortunate enough to receive. The Scandi blade will sharpen to a scary edge! [attachment=1]<!-- ia1 -->knife 1.jpg<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment] [attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->knife 2.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Bill, on the blades you buy for these how are you attaching the antler? Are you using glue? I don\'t see anything else that would be holding it on there. Just curious. I think I\'m going to have to try this out. Any suggestions on what to look for in a blade? Certain material better than others or anything? Just by browsing I\'ve noticed that some blades are $10 and others are over $100. I assume it\'s just the quality of material that makes the difference?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back