Nevada DIY - 1st Archery Harvest

dplumlee12

Dec 28, 2012
First let me say that I am truely greatful to have the opportunity to harvest such a magestic animal.  I'm a rookie when it comes to Archery hunting and Elk hunting.  Only been on one other elk hunt and I wasn't the hunter.  It took me 14 years to draw a resident tag here in Nevada but I knew I was getting close so I set out to learn as much as I could over the last 2 years.  2014 was my year.  I upgraded my bow, practiced from every position, set out to learn everything I could about elk hunting (thanks Elk101.com and the forums), watch many videos including the gutless method (thank god for the gutless video) and hit the gym but nothing prepared me for the increadible size of these beasts.

I ended up doing a DIY solo public land hunt.  I'd say mainly because I didn't have the funds for a guide or an outfitter.  It was a gamble but I thought I had done enough researchto get the job done. 

So here are my results!  I'd say more lucky than good and not bad for a 1st time archery harvest and 1st elk!

Green gross (unofficial) 364 5/8

Attachments

• elk.jpg
    elk.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 215
  • elk2.jpg
    elk2.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 209
That'll do... ;) ...so do you plan on waiting another 14 years to get back out, or are you hooked yet?

I was completely hooked when I went on the first hunt.  I had so much fun and saw so many animals.  I wasn't even the hunter.  Looking for an otc place for next year.

Wow!      Just wow. Let's here the story. Way to save your points for all those years. Looks like it was well worth it!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back