New lesson to me

MT_mulies

Dec 28, 2012
So I've been shooting my bow for about 2 months and it is the same bow I've had for 6 years. My groupings were about double the size they have ever been all the way from 20-60 yards. I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on. I just thought it was me and I wasn't anchoring good, or I was pulling it, or just plain laziness when shooting.
I've checked everything and it seemed to be all tuned up, well yesterday I tightened one bolt on my sight and BAM it was shooting awesome groups again. The screw must have been ever so slightly loose because my sight never moved, but the screw must have been loose enough to "adjust/shift" everytime I shot that it was moving enough to make my bow not group.
Anyway long story short is that my bow is back to shooting bulleyes and grouping great.

That awesome it was a simple fix! Its crazy how just the smallest things can throw a bow off. I feel this happens more time then not. Same thing happened to be a month ago after a two day shoot. On the last day of the shoot, half way through everything seemed to fall apart. I assumed it was me, but my pattern was consistent. I thought I checked everything on the bow, although my stabilizer was a little loose that wasn't the issue.

It wasn't till I took it into the bow shop and found the hex screw to my 3 axis (single pin) had come ever so slightly off. I also was breaking in a new bow and assumed it was the factor string (which is also common, while breaking in). Nope it was the 3rd axis and the bubble was bit off, screw was back in tight and so were my grouping. Mission Accomplished. 

Yep.  I shoot an axcel 5 pin slider and somehow had bumped the "unlock" on my left/right adjustment.  Was shooting 5" left at 20 yards.  Now I check it constantly!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Back