nocks

I think they are worth it and they work well.  I could not tell the difference between illuminated and not when shooting both.

Before you use them check your state regs, they are illegal in Montana during the archery season

Also illegal in Colorado.  You cannot have a sight light or a laser rangefinder attached to your bow either.  So to answer your question I have never used them.

Yep found out they are illegal in Oregon and its dumb its not like they help harvest the animal, for me it would be easier to find my arrow after the shot!!!

linds1007 said:
Yep found out they are illegal in Oregon and its dumb its not like they help harvest the animal, for me it would be easier to find my arrow after the shot!!!

yeah they definitely don't give you any advantage in hunting, only in recovery and seeing your shot placement.  doesn't make any sense to me

i would like to try them out but have heard they can crack the arrow where the shaft and nock meet. any truth to this?

I have heard both good and bad things about the luminocks.  Mostly that they can affect your arrow flight (due to added weight on the back of the arrow) and can be illegal in some states (noted in previous posts).  I like the idea of being able to make it easier to retrieve your arrow and also see the flight of the arrow.

In the states where you are that say they are illegal, what is the reasoning behind it?

Colorado is a very traditionalist state when it comes to bowhunting.  You are not allowed to have any battery operated devices attached to your bow or arrows.  This includes sight lights, laser rangefinders, lighted nocks, cameras, gps, etc. 

As far as the reasoning I am not quite sure.  It is what it is.

This year I am using Flex Fletch FHP-200 flash vanes in their glow-in-the-dark color.  Won't be able to see it during the daylight but during low-light should be able to watch where the arrow goes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back