Phelps reeds?

Feb 28, 2016
I have a question? I just currently for the first time bought phelps reeds, they came in the mail yesterday. Do you think I could make a nice cow call or a bugle not a chance. Nice grrrr at beginning but that's it. Compared to when I use rockey mountain elk call reeds with the pallet plate. I can call no problem only reason why I wanted to try phelps is September last year I wore out 8 reeds from RMGC's. I spent 80$ minimum it's not alot but the curiousNess not knowing what I was going to get out of the next sound I just found last year the latex was very weak  Now I don't call alot I have purchased and read the entire university guideline it helped drastically In many areas I thought I new so thanks for that Cory. So can I have some opinions on what todo what brand to buy. I'll add the 2 reeds from RMGC I use the entire month of September the orange and blue. And then the new ones I purchased from phelps. But the new unleashed tube, wow! Does she sound amazing. Little bigger little heavier. But I can't wait till September.

EATSLEEPHUNTELK

naElkaholic,

What diaphragms did you have troubles with from RMHC last fall? If you contact Kurt at RMHC, I have nodoubt that he will replace them, no question.

My two favorite diaphragms are the Misstress and the All-Star...both are significantly different from the blue and orange ones, so they may not be quite as comfortable for you, but I have had great luck with those calls and they have lasted a long time (I used 3 diaphragms in 20+ days of elk calling last fall).

And, keep your eyes out for some new elk calls coming out in the next few months as well...  ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back