Plan tar fasciitis ?

nclonghunter

Dec 28, 2012
I used to run alot, then got plan tar fasciitis and that put a stop to it. I bought a mountain bike and started riding to get the cardio workout on the hills. Weather is the biggest obsticle to riding. Just joined a gym to do stationary bike and some treadmill.
Other than running, which I would rather do, what type of cardio are you doing to prepare for the big climbs/hikes?

stairs, either at work (10 story building) or stair climber if at a gym.  Not sure that would be best for your plantar fasciitis.

I get sore knees from running.  I switched to doing workout videos (p90x and Insanity) and that no longer happens.  I don't know if that would hurt your feet or not.  Other than feeling like an idiot if someone sees you doing it, I think I am in better shape with the videos than running. 

Best solution for plantar fasciitis is to either build a wedge out of a block of wood and place you foot on it as you lean forward forcing your heal down (toes on the higher end) or stand on the edge of a curb on your toes and drop your heals as low as you can. My wife is an athlete and the wood wedge worked great for her and helped her immensely. Good luck.

Thanks for the replys. Ghost, I will try the wood wedge, it sounds like it may work. My doctor told me to become obsessed with stretching as you described.
I have heard several say that it will heal and go away and others say it never does.??

My wife had it pretty bad from running. Now, I don't hear her say anything about pain or tightness, but she does uses hers every once in a while (mostly in the morning). She'll go to the wood wedge in the closet and stretch for a few seconds. Them she is off.

I built hers using a 6"x6"x8" block, cut it at an angle and placed non slip black grip tape from Home Depot on the angled part where you'd put your foot on. Start with your toes on the block and work your way to having your entire foot on it being stretched up as you lean forward.

You should be good to go in a few months. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back