pride precedes the fall

Montana_BackCountry

Jan 9, 2013
Blew my ankle this weekend.  Not sure yet as to the extent of the injury but it doesn't move currently.  If there's not significant improvement by tomorrow I'll be meeting with the doc for x-rays.  Looks like it's time to focus on the arms for a bit I guess!  Staying optimistic but this is certainly a game changer.

I am not sure if you are familiar with British vernacular but 'bo**ocks' [ie far from good] :(

Rotten luck; please God you're hunting fit before elk season

Well three days later and I'm supporting weight on my ankle with the support of a brace.  I don't think anything is ruptured.  Thanks god.  I know I was praying hard Sunday night that I would be making improvements through the week.  It's swollen and there's a lack of range of motion for sure, but pain has fallen to a manageable level and strength is increasing.  Thanks for the positive words!

That sounds better, if nothing is seriously damaged you still have a lot of time. this could be your best season ever. sometimes we focus more in the face of adversity.

we can only move forward one day at a time take them as they come, could be worse it could be August.

Ankle is still a bit swollen as of today, but i'm getting back out running and lifting this week.  Easing into it to avoid re-injury but can't sit still any longer!

man becareful dont push it to hard make sure your wrapping it good before doing a lot of workout on it.

I'm certainly easing into it.  Been biking and took a short hike yesterday.  Ankle is still swollen but pain is down to about a 3/10 and not present all of the time.  Definitely making sure i don't over-do it and make it worse.  Feels like I'm mending though!

All healed on the ankle for the most part. Very mild and inconsistent pain at this point did a two mile run at my normal time Friday and it felt great. So relieved it wasn't a more serious injury! Thanks everyone for the help and advice

Be careful, in '13 I thought I had a bad twist. Went to Coloradr two weeks later, spent two weeks humping the mountains. Came home and a month late went to the doc because it was still a little tinder. Found out then that I had broke a bone and it had already healed. Thank God it was in position and they didn't have to re break it.

JStephens,
I'm thinking that is actually what happened.  I'm betting I had a slight break in a bone from the symptoms I had.  I have no current symptoms of pain or discomfort.  Pretty sure things healed in the right way since i have full range of motion as well.  So happy to be back out on a healthy ankle.  Did a5 mile run Tuesday and rode my mountain bike 4 miles to the top a mountain yesterday.  Giving thanks to you all here at Elk 101 and to the great spirit for being on my side with healing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back