Range finder holder

tholas

Jan 2, 2013
I saw this guy at the portland sportsman show last year and thought this was a great idea.  I have bought the range finder holder and the wind checker holder.  Great idea and a great product.  If you are looking for a new range finder holder I highly recommend this product.

http://www.blacktail154.com/

I really like this concept.  A lot of companies are now going to the use of magnets which are not expensive.  I need to get one of these. 

Thanks for sharing.

I have a Stanley key holder that retracts. Have it mounted on my right pack strap. Always handy and never in the road

Fullabull said:
what's wrong with a pocket ;)

I have always used a pocket but I like the idea because the strap on my bono harness prevents me from pulling out my range finder sometimes. My question is, has anyone used this enough to know your range finder won't fall out while hiking. Looks like if something snagged the holder or over time it could stretch and you could lose it.

I used this on my hunting trips this year and never had it fall out.  The way the magnets work is that whey you want to take the range finder out you push up but hold the side of the holder with you thumb pushing down and then it comes out.  The material has enough give in it that when hiking it will not create the resistance thatis needed to push the range finder out. 

Fullabull said:
what's wrong with a pocket ;)
I want easier access than a pocket and wear some shirts in the heat of September with no chest pockets.  I am trying the Crooked Horn holder as I want a one handed function, easily accessible with a minimum of movement and won't bounce around when hiking.  Still looking for that perfect solution.

using a retractable lanyard on my pack shoulder harness........it's been fantastic for quick and easy use..........super quiet as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back