Run shoot?

martizia

Dec 29, 2012
Who trains by running a 3-d course? We do it here, 70 targets running in between each shot, great cardio and real world shooting situation when your panting and shaking!!!

I've sort have simulated increased heart rate by mentally and physically exhausting myself then shooting. Running/sprints and shoot, or pushups/pullups then shoot, adding weight to my pack and doing combining these added stressors has definitely increased my shooting. Incorporating different shooting stances also gives me "real world" scenarios, but I think going to a 3D range and running the course would definitely improve everyone shooting confidence.

Sounds like the making of a new type of biathlon. A combined score based on shooting score and time.

sounds like a great contest. I would do it. Most 3-d's have way too many people to do that - so would have to be planned that way.

check out traintohunt.com. they do competitions like this around the west. they did it last year in boise and are now doing it a few other places as well. I think the winner gets a free bow!!

Sounds great until you hit the lines?  Then what run in place?  Our 3D shoots are pretty full so we would have to go to the hills and set up or own.  However we now have the Extreme challenge here in Idaho and good luck it's pretty tough

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back