snacks before work out

Codybones

Aug 14, 2013
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum and have lots of questions from just about every angle but to start with I have been hiking all summer with my pack and adding weight as I go but having some energy problems from time to time does anyone have a suggestion for a quick pick me up before I head out on my hikes, I've been eating a half peanut butter sandwich or a protein bar, what do you guys think?

I used to be a scout in the army and did tons of ruck marching with lots of weight and what some of the guys would do is pack along a small bag of gummy bears and munch on them
as we go along. This is in training of course, but it seemed to help. Sunflower seeds seem to take my mind off everything maybe try them.

Thanks I will give that a try, do you know a good energy drink or bar that is good for quick energy with out getting the heart to race or something crazy like that

I'm not sure. I would stay away from most of the drinks and stuff. For obvious reasons there are super unhealthy and you don't want the crash you get from them out hunting. As far as bars go, I would just try a cliff bar or something to the equivalent. Make sure your eating lots of carbs and staying away from sugars. You will get energy from them
But once the energy stops that also could cause you to get jittery and feel week.

clif bar
Honey stinger waffles
GU sport beans
Clif shot bloks
Partial to Hammer Gel or Clif Shots versus Gu

Pre-work supplements if you need to regain or "boost."

I've used No-Xplode, not my ideal drink, works but I prefer the following:

Cellucor (best stuff I've tried and taste amazing)

MP Assault (good stuff, taste okay)

Honey bar stingers, clif bars, honey and almonds.

Has anyone heard of the of the wilderness athlete products? if so could you let me know your feelings?

Try a Tablespoon of natural peanut butter and honey.  Much cheaper than specialty bars, you can buy a jar for about 4 bucks and it will last you a month or so.

I like the peanut butter and honey as well works great I actually us PB2 (powdered peanunt butter) also the wilderness athlete energy and focus work great and if you mix it with their hydrate and recover it is amazing for keeping your energy up and also hydrated as you work out or hike.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back