Spot Hogg sights

tholas

Jan 2, 2013
I am looking for new sights and was looking at the Spot Hogg sights.  They appear to be very bright and well built.  What has been your experiences with these sights or other suggestions?

I shoot the Spot Hogg seven deadly pin sight and have loved it. If you prefer shooting shorter distances you can get less pins than the 7DP sight. Once you are tuned and sighted in I have not hardly had to touch it in three years other than a minor tweak just because I changed bows last year. I highly recommend the 7DP Spot Hogg sight. The one thing I like about it most is I can have seven pins so I do not need to adjust my sight after I range the animal and take that chance of them moving out of a shooting lane.

Thanks guys. I am looking to get a Spot Hogg as well. What pin sizes do you like on it?

SDP here too, Spot Hogg are a super tough sight. Been shooting them for about 8 years now and never a failure and I have literally falen on my sight in the rocks. I changed to a lesser sight in 2008 thinking they were built well enough ..... yeah I broke it on the first day out hunting.

SDP with hogg wrap here as well.  Built tough and bright.

Not a huge fan of the individual pin adjustments but once they are set they aren't going anywhere.

I have to add that I have the wrap also, Thanks Jason ! The Wrap makes a huge differance with low light gathering.

I have the 5 pin Spot Hogg Hunter with a wrap, I wont have another sight after having this one.

I use a 7-pin wrapped Hogg-it with .19 pins, colors g,g,y,g,y,g,g.  I run it fully extended on the dovetail bar.  It will have to take something spectacular to make me switch from a spot hogg. 

You can sometimes get lucky on eBay or ArcheryTalk.com. I recently scored a wrapped 7-pin Hunter Hogg-it Cameron Hanes Edition on eBay for $85 delivered.  My Brother was pretty stoked when I surprised him with it.

They are rugged sights that stand up very well to the abuse of the back country. Will not use any other!

I use the Hogg-It wrapped 7 pin sight with the .019" pins.  Awesome sight, and extremely durable.  I personally wouldn't use any other sight on the market...

Love my Spot It 7 pin!!!  Have used it two seasons now!  It is the first sight that I feel is perfect!! Going to buy a Hogg Father for 3D and target but hunt with the fixed pin site!!

Best sights you can buy.  rock solid all metal construction. most are offered with 3rd axis leveling and are offered with 7 pins.  not to mention the customer service is great.  I shoot a Hunter Hogg it and that thing is super tough

tholas said:
I am looking for new sights and was looking at the Spot Hogg sights.  They appear to be very bright and well built.  What has been your experiences with these sights or other suggestions?

I have the Hunter Wrapped 5 pin, amazing sights, built rugged and I personally like the individual pin adjustments. Spott Hogg knew exactly what hunters wanted.

I have been shooting the SDP7 since it came out on the market.  I like the lighting it provides and have added a nitelite to it just for those low light conditions. 

I love how easy they are to adjust.

After reading I am going to upgrade my sight to a spot hogg too.  Thanks for the info.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back