Spot Hogg

dplumlee12

Dec 28, 2012
Never shot one but have been looking to try a 5 or more pin sight.  I see a lot of you love spot Hogg.  I like the reviews touting its toughness.  What purpose is the vertical wire in the sight window?

I believe it's intended use is for 3rd plane adjustment. The wire is exactly 90*(perpendicular) to the bubble. So when the bubble is level the wire is exactly plumb. You need this wire to use as a reference when adjusting your 3rd axis to a known plumb line. Make your wire parallel to the known plumb line and see where your level sits and adjust until dead center. Must all be done at full draw.

Use it on 3d and hunting to run it right up the back of the front leg of the animal to get left/right zeroed in and use the pin to get the up/down where you want it

That is exactly correct on the reason for the wire, Ghost.  The only thing that needs to be added is that when at full draw, you need to be aiming at a severe angle either up or down, to set 3rd axis.  A plumb line hanging from a tall ceiling or down stairs works well.  I love my 7 pin Spot Hogg.

I have always used Spott-Hoggs. Have a 5 pin Hogg-It on my Insanity right now, but just  bought a Hogg Father off of my buddy. I want to set a pin out to 100 yds or so for some long range practice.

Interesting...am looking to replace my Trophy Ridge 3 pin sight...was considering the new TR React sight but am leaning towards the Spot Hogg Right On 5 pin

Have been and got myself a Spot Hogg Right On; had it sighted in yesterday and am shooting out to 60 yards (the photo is my first group at 60 yards)

Attachments

• First ever 60 yard group.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 2
Last night...from 30, 40, 50 and 60 yards (moved 2' to the right for the 40 to 60 yard shots) Lovin' my Spot Hogg  8)

Attachments

• L-R 30, 40, 50 & 60 yards.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 0

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back