Trail Cam recommendations?

COLOelkman

Dec 28, 2012
I'm interested in getting a trail cam(s) and wondered what others experiences are along with recommendations.  From my perspective, I'm mainly wanting to find out whether there's animals in the area rather than needing really sharp images.  So I'm thinking perhaps 2 cams might be a better way to go than one higher priced ones.  Seems like it's a very hard item to try out or see how it does so I'm mainly relying on others opinions.  I know Costco carries the Wildgame Innovations 6MP cam for about $115 so 2 of those might be an option but I'm open to others suggestions.

I got the 8 MP Bushnell off of amazon for $130.  Worked great and had it out most the season (2 1/2 months) without having to replace the batteries. Used a 16 GB card and got close to 3000 pictures.  Got some great pictures too! I also got the bear box for it and cable all for under $190.  looking at getting a couple more for this upcoming season.

Definitely take a look at the Spypoint lineup....AWESOME battery life and pics quality.  The Bushnel Trophy Cams are also very nice.

I have had good success with Stealth Cam Unit Ops its about $150 but the non-glow led's are a real plus. With any camera you choose I would suggest good camouflage (ultimate camo tree bark) an a heavy chain/lock. I have had one "walk away" using the python cable lock.

I have a bushnell 8mp it takes good pics and has been out for almost a year and batteries are 80% still,also have a cuddeback ir that is good to just a little bigger in size the batteries have lasted 6 months.bushnell was around 130 the cuddeback was 240 I also have a primos truthcam 35 at 100 bucks that works good but battery life is only about a month,one i would not recommend is the wild view not good pics and batteries only lasted 3 days and it would erase pics off card. Hope this helps

I like my Moultrie M-80XT the best and it is the cheapest camera I have bought. I also own spypoints, bushnells, and scoutguards.

I run a couple of UWAYS Nightxplorers.  They use to come with the security box not sure with the coming new year. They are 8MP and IR. They have a LCD viewing window. Good on battery life and takes nice pictures.
Runs around 160.00
KJ

1+ on the Spypoint camera, very nice unit I have the G4 (Gander Mountain) and am very satisfied with it.

I have used around  10 different brands of cameras.  I have found the best quality for the money is the Bushnell Trophy Cam.  Cheaper ones don't have a good enough trigger speed. More expensive ones ...well they are more expensive. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back