Train to Hunt!!

baskarcher

Jan 28, 2013
Just wanted to share with all of you looking to get into great shape for the mountains and life for that matter. I am not affiliated with them at all and I pay the $7 a month to be a member.

Anyways it is crossfit but all of the workouts are geared for hunting. I started doing it last June and it helped me more than I could imagine when september came around. It was my most successful season yet!!!

Check them out when you get a chance!! www.traintohunt.com

Thanks for sharing. The only drawback I see with it is the fact that you have to have all the equipment. If its anything like CrossFit you need lots of room, weights, pull-up bar, etc.
Then again, if you have such equipment you could work out at home.

ghost said:
Thanks for sharing. The only drawback I see with it is the fact that you have to have all the equipment. If its anything like CrossFit you need lots of room, weights, pull-up bar, etc.
Then again, if you have such equipment you could work out at home.

I have been doing TTH workouts since Febuary and have lost 55 pounds and had the best huniting season so far and saw the fewest animals. As far as equipment goes Kenton (owner/trainer) does a great job of answering emails and questions on the site about how to work around needing all the equipment. He trys to make it possible for you to be able to accomplish the workouts in your garage with a box and sand bag. If you just ask he with give you a movement that doesnt require the equipment you dont have.

Train to hunt is a great program for any hunter especially mountain hunters looking to increase their general physical skills to exceed in the coming year. It is common to hear that crossfit workouts are extremely hard or require a lot of equipment, which is not true. All workouts are scale able depending on your fitness level and you can attack them as hard as you please. All the movements are natural (lifting, squatting, and pressing) combine with cardiovascular endurance training.. Crossfit is constantly varied functional movements. Most of the time crossfit is portrayed from what is seen on tv which are the the most challenging and complex workouts which stem from men and women continually pushing their limits. In reality many workouts can be performed in your back yard, garage, living room or any other odd place where you feel the urge lose some sweat, with minimal equipment. For most your own body weight will be enough for a good session, check the movement standards and focus on range of motion. Something is better than nothing and whatever gets you out and bettering yourself on a daily basis keep it up. Good luck!

I want t try tth would you guys that use it recommended the silver or gold membership, and what type of basic equipment is hslpful or needed?

Though I am not familiar with the Train to Hunt program so to speak, I do adopt this frame of mind in the "off-season."  Our time spent in the mountains chasing critters is pretty specialized.  I like to focus on improving my endurance by hiking and covering as much vertical up and down as possible.  It never hurts to add some weight on the pack while doing this and shooting year round.  The 2014 countdown is in full effect.  Happy training to all and good luck on the upcoming draws around the country!

wyoelk300+ said:
Though I am not familiar with the Train to Hunt programso to speak, I do adopt this frame of mind in the "off-season."  Our time spent in the mountains chasing critters is pretty specialized.  I like to focus on improving my endurance by hiking and covering as much vertical up and down as possible.  It never hurts to add some weight on the pack while doing this and shooting year round.  The 2014 countdown is in full effect.  Happy training to all and good luck on the upcoming draws around the country!

I couldnt agree more for me its a year round thought even when if im not hunting im working out just to stay limber. has anyone tried the wilderness athlete stuff? is it really as helpful as they say?

I like the program as I have been doing it as well.  I am not sure that I am going to continue with it though.  I think he has provided some good insight on some things to do, but I also think that you can do some of the stuff on your own.  Just make sure that you are mixing it up, keeping consistent, and challenging yourself.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back