Troubles with forum!!!!!!!!!

JohnFitzgerald

Mar 31, 2014
I\'m getting reports that users are unable to access the forum for brief time periods. What\'s everyone else experiencing......access just fine.....troubles accessing?

Thanks

john, im sure you already know, but for the sake of others..... when I type in bto into the address bar and click enter, I get page cant be displayed. if I highlight it and click enter again, it will get me to the page. sometimes I might have to do it a 3rd time.

Gary,

Try clearing your history and try it again.
Delete cookies as well.

You could have attempted signing in while the forum was down.
Now when you type in BTO, it links you directly to the fault screen.

\"zpd307\" said:
john, im sure you already know, but for the sake of others..... when I type in bto into the address bar and click enter, I get page cant be displayed. if I highlight it and click enter again, it will get me to the page. sometimes I might have to do it a 3rd time.

Is this happening on a PC or mobile device? Your typing in backtrakoutdoors.com?

John I\'m having the same thing with my Pc. I have it saved in my bookmarks so I am not typing it in. Works fine on my phone. I can post a pic of what it says from my phone if you want.

\"F M\" said:
John I\'m having the same thing with my Pc. I have it saved in my bookmarks so I am not typing it in. Works fine on my phone. I can post a pic of what it says from my phone if you want.

I sent him the picture already, Francis.
:downthumb:

\"F M\" said:

Francis - can you try deleting the bookmark, typing in the BTO URL, and then saving adding it as a bookmark again.

Via Tapatalk, the message was an error of MySQL.sock.

MySQL is a database. Sock may stand for socket. Sockets are used for a connection. This error was with tapatalk.

There is an issue when it tried to use elkmentors.com If the owenership of that domain expired, it may cause a redirect issue.

I am not very knowledgeable with domains and web sites.

Sent from my Nexus 7

John This morning the first time I tried to bring this up it did the same thing. I had a couple other things to get done this morning so I closed out after reading your post. Now it is working good again. Have tried 3 or 4 times and it comes right up now.

My bookmark is the original Elk Mentors index page. Do you think I should still delete it and put a new one for BTO?

Did it again. I deleted my bookmark and typed in the BTO url and it would not come up either. Did a search and got on and bookmarked it that way. Will let you know if it works or not.

FM - Still having the same problems with your bookmark?

Mtnmutt - What version of Tapatalk are you using? Does it show up as elkmentors or BTO in Tapatalk? We sill own the old elkmentors domain and redirect to Backtrakoutdoors.

Gary - did Dans suggestion help?

JF, tapatalk 2.4.15 using bto as forum. The error only lasted a day, so don\'t sweat it.

Firefox on PC kept trying elkmentors.com despite using history address backtrakoutdoors.com. It would display a reload error message. If I hit reload, it worked. If I went to bto using <!-- w --><a class=\"postlink\" href=\"http://www.backtrakoutdoors.com\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;\">www.backtrakoutdoors.com</a><!-- w --> (www used), it worked. I have not yet tried to clear the cache in Firefox which may solve the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back