Under Armour Boots???

rcb46

Mar 4, 2019
I have owned plenty of UA shoes but was wondering what you guys think about their boots in elk country. Just wondering if they make a boot that holds up and is supportive enough.

Thanks

I had ridge reaper elevation boots. Liked them a lot but rubber soles started cracking on bottom after 14 days/2 seasons so UA gave me a voucher and I went another route.

This was before they had vibram soles so I?m sure the issue is fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a pair of Under Armour boots that are cut just above the ankle, so you get support without them being too high or warm for early fall hunts. The boots themselves have been great. They fit really well for me and they have made it through the last couple of seasons with plenty of miles on them and appear to be ready for more.

Ironically enough, I've tried some of their other boots and they didn't fit well on my feet. Funny how that works. If possible, I would go try on a bunch of boots and see which ones feel the best. That's how I ended up with the Under Armour boots I have. If the Under Armour's end up fitting the best, I would have zero hesitation in buying them.

I used UA brow tine last season and love them.  I think there are 400g., but I'll have to check to see if they are 600g.  I hunted MT, WY, & CO from October 12th-30th.

They were great in moderate sunny weather in MT and WY.  I harvested two Pronghorn buck?one in each state.

I hiked 7mi in a foot and half of snow in CO with 2000+/- elevation change.  I was at 10,300ft and packing 70lbs.  My feet were breathing well, but changing wool at night is always a must for me.  My feet and toes never got cold in the boot.  My friends feet got cold because they bought cheap boots that weren't water proof  :train:  They were 1st time hunters, so that makes sense. 

In late November on a bear hunt, I backpacked in on a fire rd 11 mi.  On the way out, my feet slightly blistered because I didn't stop to adjust; I was exhausted at the end; and blistering was probably due to loose boots on the last 5mi of downhill.  I was packing 55lbs.

Overall, they feel like they have good support.  They have great traction and I feel grippy on rocks-wet or dry.  They have good stiffness for side hilling, but with flex. 

After break in, I could probably benefit from an insole for a little better arch support and taking out some extra room as I'm a half size smaller in the boot. 

I like that the Brow Tine are the most light weight high top boot on the market.  I will probably buy the Cameron Hanes edition next.  I like the idea of the quick lace system a lot. I look forward to saving 5 minutes in the morning!

They seem to be holding up well; no rubber delaminating or other possible wear issues thus far. 

The C.Hanes edition seems like it will be a refinement on an already fantastic boot.

I researched all the boot manufacturers and boot types available last year.  Crispi was second in line for me.  I'd probably go with a Crispi or Lathrope&Sons if I drew a sheep hunt. 

Update 5/6/20:
The rubber around the tow flex point cracked and now lets water in. These boots lasted two seasons and a month. 

I had a pair for the 2018 season and they worked awesome but for the 2019 season they leaked every day in the elk woods.  I wasn't able to get them to stop so I upgraded to crispi.  I will still wear them on dry days outside but that is all they are good for now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back