well..I AM back at work. and i MET DAN

Boom

Aug 6, 2017
what a whirlwind.
i never drew an elk tag, but my brother did.  i promised to go with him to help.  all his friends bailed out, so i am glad i went along.  it was just us two.

we hunted Unit 51 in New Mexico.  neat unit.  we had the first hunt.  it was Hot as Hades.  it also went monsoon crazy on us for the first 6 days.  it was literally rinse, dry, repeat.  the bulls were silent.

we never got an elk..altho one came to ME and my cow-call.  walked up to seven feet of me.  i was tag-less, bow-less..i was trying to channel sibling mind talk to my brother to come to me quietly..he didnt listen.  or i dont have ESP like i thought.
anyways, that wasnt the highlight.  the highlight was running across Dan.  what i nice man....no no no..that wasnt the highlight either..the highlight was that he brought Yuengling BEER west of the Mississippi!!  i finally got to taste that beer!!  just kidding!! :D .  Dan is a hell of a guy..my brother was constantly shaking his head..saying, "damn..that is a cool guy!"

we got into elk everyday..we got into bear almost everyday..we saw Merriam turkey.  it was a good trip. we ended it a few days early for Family obligations. 

didnt stop us from shoehorning in a few days of blasting NM doves!!
NICE to meet you Dan.  i hope you are killing one soon.

me i am back at work.  BOO! :(

Glad ya'll had a fun trip, Boom.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Trust me Dan the jake killer and his group are doing OK.... :-D :-D

Glad you had a good trip with your brother Cliff. Yeah, Dan is a helluva guy and believe his hunt is going pretty good.

It was great meeting you and your brother!
I was so bummed that you had to leave because I wanted to take you guys out to a few areas so you could leave heavy!

I?m glad you were able to at least get into them and have some fun! It?s a neat area for sure!
Hope you guys draw again soon and that we can get in there at the same time!!! :upthumb:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back